Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Ciara is 11 months

Ciara is such a joy and treasure to us all, we can't believe she will be one at the end of September.
She is nowhere near walking, and doesn't even crawl (even though she manages to get around the room by a combination of moving over bit by bit in many different positions). I don't know if we should be concerned about her lack of getting up on her legs, but I have to be thankful at this stage that she is not moving around too much, it certainly makes my life easier not to be running after her all the time.
A classic Ciara pose on her knees - here she is holding something up to ask me what it is called, she also points to things that interest her and looks at us as if to say "And what is the name of this", and is quite happy once we tell her. She is at the point where she would like to speak to us, but does not know the words, so it ends up in an earsplitting scream - hopefully she will learn to tell us what she wants soon :-)
She wholeheartedly loves books, and makes the sounds now for many different animals, her favourite sound being the cat and lion, she can even do a pretty good rendition of an elephant at times.
Her favourite game of unpacking whatever she can.
Still at the tupperware phase.
Yesterday when I put her to bed, I always say I love you a few times to her, but this time she beat me to it, and just said "Lo...", it was the first time she had made the "L" sound and I knew exactly what she meant.
Jude always manage to get her laughing with his wild antics - he was jumping off the couch here, and Ciara found that extremely funny.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ohh she's so cute!
you're a lucky dad!