Sunday, August 16, 2009

Super pregnancy essential oil mix!!

I feel so fortunate to have come across this recipe for stretch mark oil with my very first pregnancy. The lady who created it had done a control experiment with it during her pregnancy, she had covered only one half of her body with it for the duration of her pregnancy, and massaged it into her other half, and sure enough the half that was not oiled got stretch marks - and expensive price to pay for proof, but she was pleased to know how effective it is. And I can testify to it too, after 4 pregnancies I don't have any stretch marks.

I have dutifully used it with each pregnancy, and have started from around the 18-20 week mark, but am using it at 16 weeks this time because everything seems to be expanding a lot sooner :D. It also increases the elasticity of your skin, so once baby is born, the skin around the abdomen returns to normal shape a lot quicker, another thing I can testify to. I have also used it on my thighs and buttocks because the ingredients increase circulation, this will help prevent varicose veins, as long as massage is done in upward strokes towards to heart.

The Recipe! (30mls)

4 drops Lavender
4 drops Neroli (quite expensive so try and source a cheap bottle)
4 drops Frankincense
2 drops Bergamot

Blend in 30ml carrier oil made up of
90% almond oil
10% wheatgerm oil

I have also worked out the recipe to make 1litre so that I don't have to mix it up too often(although counting the drops takes a bit of concentration):

133 drops Lavender
133 drops Neroli
133 drops Frankincense
77 drops Bergamot

Blend in 1 litre carrier oil made up of
900ml almond oil
100ml wheatgerm oil

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow thanks for the receipe, will try and get the engredients.