Friday, October 16, 2009

Carrot Cake recipe

This is definitely one of the nicest carrot cake recipes I have come across, and is probably one of my most asked for recipes. I must say that I never use the full amount of icing below, and normally modify it to use about 250g icing, but you may want to use it all :-)

2½ cups of flour
1¼ cups of oil
1¼ cups of sugar
3 cups finely grated carrots
2 tsp cinnamon
4 eggs
1 tsp bicarb of soda
2 tsp baking powder
½ cup chopped pecan nuts
¾ tsp salt

Beat eggs and sugar together very well.
Add oil and beat till just well blended.
Add sifted dry ingredients.
Fold in carrots and nuts.
Grease 2X20cm square tins (I like to use a doughnut cake tin like the cake shown in the picture)
Bake for 40 minutes at 180°C

Icing:

125g butter
125g cream cheese
500g icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence

Cream butter and icing until stiff. Stir the rest by hand.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Fi,

Looks delicious.....save some for me.

Love mom.

Linda Russell said...

Oh Yay!! Always wanted this recipe