I figure that it is such a good thing that I will try to explore more recipes that the children would enjoy that are sugar free. I found a recipe for a chocolate cake that is only sweetened with sugar free strawberry jam (the strawberry jam we use is only sweetened with grape juice so that was perfect). It did however taste very dark and so only Ciara and Eden really enjoyed it. Niamh had hers with honey on.
1 cup organic rolled oats
1 cup spelt, whole wheat or oat flour (spelt is my favorite)
1 cup ground almonds
½ cup shredded coconut
½ tsp. salt
¼ cup raisins
¼ cup dried cranberries (optional)
½ cup agave nectar (or pure maple syrup) "I used a combo of agave and honey"
½ cup canola oil "apparently coconut oil is even healthier than canola" 1 egg
½ tsp. vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 175 degrees.
2. Mix all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
3. Mix the wet ingredients and stir into the dry ingredients with a wooden spoon.
4. Form 1” balls and place on an oiled cookie sheet, pressing the balls down with your fingers. Add a bit more flour if it is too wet.
5. Bake for 12 minutes or until crispy.
1 comment:
Hi Fi,
The biscuits look good. It is difficult to find food without sugar though. I look on most things, and even our Woolies iced teas have sugar. If only companies would take this seriously and cut it out it would help. I guess there has to be a demand for it, and people are not educated about the dangers of too much sugar.
So I comment you for your effort.
Post a Comment