Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Big girls off to Brownie Camp

The girls have been counting the weeks, then days to their first big Brownie Camp. They have both been away before, but this was the longest so far - a 4 night camp. I was a bit worried about Niamh getting homesick, and she said she would miss home, so I said she can always get the leaders to call me to come and pick her up.
We were the first to arrive, so the girls were so chuffed to have the first pick of the beds. Scarlett came with us, so it was great they could all get the top bunks next to each other. They were so excited when they saw the accomodation and the area they were to stay in. The theme of the week is a world cruise, and they will be travelling from country to country, eating different food from different countries, learning about each country, and doing crafts. I know they will also be working on new badges, and had to take smart clothes for a fancy Captain's dinner.
Their bunks.
The grounds around the camp.

1 comment:

Norma Farmer said...

Oh I am so happy for you Eden and Niamh that you can have this wonderful opportunity of being with your friends. Learning all these new things.

What fun, enjoy it you deserve it for all the help you give your mom around the house.

Love you lots and lots, Nana.