Saturday, February 12, 2011

Back to running

We have been trying to start the parkruns again for a few weeks, but have had to put it off due to sore backs and sore throats. So it was great to finally get out and run it today. I told the girls to just start on 1 lap today, and we will run/walk it so they can build their strength up again. I kept with them, and they both needed a walk at about the 1.5km mark, but I could see that Niamh wasn't happy walking so off she went running again leaving Eden and I. I then caught up to her, and expected her to stop at the approximate halfway mark where Dad was waiting. I ran on ahead of her, and picked up speed for the last lap, but when I turned around I saw Niamh following on behind me, I could see she wasn't going to give up. So I slowed down again and we ran the 2nd lap together. Again Niamh has amazed me. To be able to manage running 5km with absolutely no running training for the last 5 months is incredible. I remember being her age at school and struggling to run the 400m around the track. Go Niamh!!


Eden did well running her 1 lap and I am sure she will build up strength to run the 5km again soon too.

1 comment:

Norma Farmer said...

Well done Niamh, looks as if you have inherited your dad and mom's running genes ha. Well good for you too Eden sticking it out, and training to get fit.

It is just wonderful that you all do this as a family. Keep it up all of you.
Lots of love to you all, Nana.XXX