Friday, March 5, 2010
Brownie news and spending time with Nana!
Ciara is always chatting away about going to Brownies, and was so pleased to wear the Brownie top - it wasn't easy to get her to take it off.
Niamh has been waiting patiently for her 7th birthday so she could go to Brownies too. She turned 7 on Wednesday and was at Brownies on Thursday - she also has a camp to look forward to coming up in May!
Eden has just become a seconder in her group and is really chuffed about that - she gets a metal badge to wear too!
We went to Kew Gardens as soon as the sun came out and what a lovely day it was, it was quite warm considering it is still winter. We spent most of the time at the Orangery Restaurant outdoors while the children ran around playing games and climbing trees. Today made me realize how much help Eden and Niamh have become and how much I do rely on them for so many little jobs - I asked them to make the lunch while I was busy with Ayla and they were so pleased with this new responsibility - they made all the sandwiches for the children and Nana Norma and I had soup at the restaurant.
Nana Norma sharing some of her childhood stories when she lived on the farm.
I just snapped this photo of our fruit rack before it was raided. We go through this amount of fruit in the basket two to three times a week, I can't complain however as lots of goodness is being consumed by the children.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment