Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Warm Autumn - confused garden

I am exceptionally grateful for the warmth we have had in October(temps around the low 20's), and so far November hasn't been really cold either. I remember in years gone by when Guy Fawkes night was a freezing affair, and this year it was really mild. The weather is certainly going to make for a much shorter winter, provided the warm weather in spring doesn't arrive too late. But the late mild weather has caused our garden to do some crazy things - the rose bush has started budding again, as well as our lovely purple bush of which I cannot remember the name, and even some bushes are still flowering again.


1 comment:

Norma Farmer said...

The garden looks lovely Fi, yes I can imagine the plants being confused, we have had similar things happen here when we had an early summer, I think last year.

At least you are having mild weather so enjoy while you can.

Lots of love mom. xx