Friday, November 26, 2010

Royal Albert Hall Youth Proms

We were very fortunate to get free tickets to the Youth Proms this year. Eden, Niamh and I took a lovely drive into London at night and had great seats the the show. It was lovely to see the range of different kinds of music from Classical, to gospel choirs, to street busking music, to jazz. And we were amazed at how young some of the children were, some looked as young as 9 and were playing phenomenal classical music.



This was the opening score - Vivaldi with a modern twist. Niamh thought the electrical guitar ruined it.


I had been singing Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody a few weeks ago, and the girls wanted to know what I was singing, so I played it for them a few times on youtube. Needless to say they were very excited when the choir below sang it.

No comments: