Sunday, January 29, 2012

Sunday morning long run

So I have been really quite good at fitting four runs in a week since I officially started training for a half, but like most runners, my long run falls on a Sunday morning. It is not light until 7am and so my run is not as early as I would like it to be, but it will get earlier as the weather gets warmer and it gets lighter earlier. Also my long run is not really a long run at all yet, I have only just got up to 13 km, but I am trying to add on 1 km a week so hopefully it won't be too long until it is a proper long run. I think I will feel I have hit the running big time when I get to a 21km run, yep I have the bug.
So blessed to be able to run in the lovely Richmond Park.
It makes running further a lot easier than running on the road.
And the perfect isotonic sports drink after the run has to be coconut water!

1 comment:

Norma Farmer said...

So glad you are getting to do something that you enjoy. What a beautiful park you are truly blessed with these parks in the UK.