Friday, March 2, 2012

Back to blogging

So, I haven't been blogging properly from before Christmas, and I have really fallen out of the habit. I don't think it is a coincidence that I stopped around the same time that our trusty old canon eos 330d packed in for the second time. The problems all started when Ayla threw the camera out of her push chair seat so she could get in, and things weren't helped when I dropped it whilst getting out the car in my haste to get to a wedding last year. I really didn't feel it was worth it to pay to get it fixed again, and so we were left camera-less for a good few months. As the camera was nearly 6 years old, I did feel it was a good time to replace the old one, and since we have been so happy with our old canon, and so familiar with the functionality it made sense to go for a canon again, except this time I chose one with a fancy lens. Yep this one zooms in so very nicely from far that I will be able to capture the children without having to be right up close. Another added feature is that it shoots HD videos, but I haven't quite figured that one out yet. Actually, there are training dvd's for this camera so if I ever get time to view them, I will (cough cough, free time, what is that??) And maybe one day I will go on that photography course that I have always wanted to do!! In the meantime, I hope this kicks me right back into blogging!
And since Michael and I always try to get a joint anniversary present instead of one for each of us, this made a very very nice anniversary present indeed, and now we will be living on baked beans on toast for the rest of the month!!

No comments: