It's always lovely to have cold things on hand for the kids to eat when the weather gets hot, and I saw this lovely idea on someone else's blog. They used ice cream sticks, but I didn't have any, so I used some ice lolly holders. All you do is stick them straight into yoghurt pots.
Pop the tray in the freezer.
And voila, you have frozen yoghurt ice lollies!
Julia and Ethan were visiting, so I made them specially for an after lunch treat.
Ciara enjoying hers.
 |
| This arrived in the post this week. A new bottle of protein powder, it is a huge tub. It is a great product as it is very natural and has no sweeteners or sugars. I ordered the last tub in August, so it had lasted nearly a year, but somehow I don't think this will last as long because Mike is taking it too now, and I have upped my intake with the extra running. It really does feel like good recovery to have one of these shakes after a hard run. |
 |
| This is also something new that I have just discovered recently, oatbran for breakfast. It is essentially the bran taken off of the oat groat, so it is highly nutritious. It is cooked exactly like oats but tastes nothing like it, it is very very tasty and has a lovely creamy taste, I add chia seeds for energy and flaxseed for the omega 3 and 6, and of course a little honey and fruit. |
 |
| Another idea of an artists blog that I liked was this craft. Ciara is really into the garden at the moment, enjoying the bugs and plants, she collects them all and plays with them for hours, in fact she has got Ayla interested too, and often Ayla will say to me please can I go play with the snails. So I thought it would be nice for them to make a garden wall display from crafts. Ayla tried to make one, and would not let me help her, so hers did not really work. but Ciara's worked out nicely. |
 |
| And when Julia came around, they ended up making another one. |
 |
| Ethan is crazy about lego and spent a lot of time playing with Jude's lego. |
 |
| We also took a trip to the park with the cousins, but just before we left Ayla was zooming up and down the road on her push bike. She hit a speed wobble and came off, the graze looks so very painful. |
 |
| But she put on a brave face soon after. |
1 comment:
I like your picture Ciara. It is so colourful.
Sorry to see you hurt your little face Ayla, hope it is better soon. Love and miss you lots and lots.
xxx Nana.
Post a Comment