We don't normally run errands on a Friday, or do any shopping during the day, but for some reason today felt like a holiday. I think it is because the cousins came around yesterday and they are already on holiday, that we got into the long weekend holiday fever today.
Eden did a puppet show for us, she was hiding behind the couch, and made some really lovely puppets, and then she used some puppets that Niamh had made to dance on top of the couch. A cute little show with the right balance of fun, story and audience participation.
We then went off to do some shopping. I had bought some raw honey from a health shop and noticed that the supplier had put all their details on the jar. I phoned them up this morning to ask if I could return their jars to them rather than throw them out, and asked them if they sold direct to the public which they did. We went along to their house which isn't too far away and bought three bottles for the price of two in the shop. I was soo happy because we all know the honey in the shop has been heat treated, chemically treated and all homogenised with each other, so all the wonderful health properties are removed. This honey is completely natural, raw and untreated, so very healthy.
 |
| We then went along to the health shop and stocked up on some essentials, and a few healthy treats. |
 |
| This is one of the healthy treats, coke that doesn't have any rubbish in - no caffeine, or sugars, or sweeteners. I love it, it's so refreshing. |
 |
| And I found raw dark chocolate that has probiotics and coconut palm to sweeten, also a very healthy treat. |
 |
| We also went along to the cheap sports shop to find some summer sandals for the children, we didn't find sandals to fit, but Jude bought a ball with his birthday money from Nana Norma and Uncle Peter. Niamh also got two GB t-shirts for her run tomorrow for the Queen's Jubilee celebrations. |
 |
| I wanted to make homemade pizza tonight, but we got home too late, so I quickly came up with this idea - pizza on wholewheat bagels, a big hit all round, and a healthy meal too. |
 |
| In the past we would have quick meals on a Friday like pizza or Fish and chips, but since Michael is on board with the healthy eating all round, he now prefers more wholesome meals. This is one of my Friday favourites, it is butternut, sweet potato, sweetcorn, red pepper and black bean stew served on quinoa with giant cous cous and feta. It is too delicious for words, a lot of self restraint on my part to not go back for thirds :P |
1 comment:
All the food looks scrumptious.
Looking forward to seeing you all.
Post a Comment