How many times have I said I am grateful for parkrun in this country - not enough I am sure. We had one of those magical parkrun days on Saturday. Our whole family was there, and we all ended up running.
Jaden was ready to do the entire 5km course with his dad, along with Linda, Grant and Mike. The rest of us - Lana, myself, Evan, Julia, Ciara, Ethan, Eden and Niamh all did one lap(Jude sat out because he had a croupy cough) - I pushed Ayla around in the phil and ted. I was so amazed that the littlies ran the entire 2.3 km. When I picked Ciara up at the end, she was so hot and sweaty, but so pleased with herself, and Evan was so speedy I am sure he could've done both laps.
Grant came in first and Mike came in fourth. Then we saw Jaden coming in with his dad, it was so exciting to see him do his first parkrun - a full 5km, he looked so proud when we all cheered him on at the end, he sped up and sprinted over the finish line - Well done Jaden!!
No comments:
Post a Comment