Monday, September 7, 2009
Camping Trip to Bath - Day 1
We have been wanting to visit the historic city of Bath for some time now. Since we are learning about Ancient Rome, now was the perfect time. We booked a 3 night camping trip as this worked out so much cheaper than staying in town in a B&B, and of course the children prefer camping.
I always make sure I go to the library before we go away, the children would be lost without books for even a few days. Here Niamh is reading in the car, she picked up one of the books I had taken out for Eden. She has become such an avid reader, and reads to everyone as well as to herself.
This time we had a ground sheet to put down first, and thank goodness we did, the ground was quite muddy from some recent rain, so this protected our tent from getting dirty.
Aahh, and we discovered this back door in our tent that we had not noticed on our first camping trip with this new tent. It sure helps when I am putting up all the insides in the tent as it can get quite hot in here. I am sure it will come in handy on our hotter camping trips next year.
Ciara loved climbing inside Niamh's sleeping bag.
Jude has found a new passion for colouring in. He is much more particular about colours and neatness now, and finished this whole colouring book over the three days. (Ciara is trying to help him, but he got most upset when she "scribbled" all over his masterpieces.
The children always make friends, and were quite fortunate that these two girls had not gone back to school yet, so had lots of time to play with them and get to know them.
Stick races in the river.
Eden was chuffed that we got her a nice high pair of wellies, so she could paddle in the river.
Going exploring down the river.



I couldn't resist a macro shot of this flower.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I like the stream and woodland feel.
Post a Comment