Tuesday, November 24, 2009
Helping each other out!
I never imagined while I was teaching Eden and Niamh to read that I was actually training them to teach their siblings too. They do so many of the little teaching things with Jude that I used to do with them years ago - in this photo they are making him simple sentences out of the magnetic words we have for him to read. Niamh also reads a lot of books to him and helps him with reading words in his books. They also spend time going through the Letterland books with Ciara showing her all the letters and pictures.

Jude asked Eden if she would build him a tent.
He was so pleased with the finished tent, mind you so was Ciara.
We had visitors around on Sunday lunch and it was lovely having Eden help out in the kitchen, she keeps asking "Is there anything else I can do", and was so eager I gave her some jobs that I don't normally, like peeling these baby onions - they stung her eyes horribly but instead of giving up she went and put on her spy glasses and carried on. She also prepared the vegetables and the fruit for the pudding. Niamh read books to Jude so that he was out the way for daddy to do some tidying up. It is occasions like this when everyone works together that makes it such a pleasure to have a bigger family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi Eden,
It is wonderful to see you are such a help to your mommy.
Love you very much,
Nana.
Post a Comment