Saturday, September 24, 2011

A gorgeous wedding(and a short story about heels).

Isn't it so lovely being invited to a wedding? In fact it has been a very busy season for weddings at our church, and we couldn't but not observe that all the young adults getting married are the ones who were around Eden's age when we first started attending our church 11 years ago. I suppose that means it will be our children getting married in the next blink of an eye.
The story about the heels goes something like this: I don't normally go clothes or shoe shopping with Mike, but we all went together on this Saturday morning. I had already spotted the flat shoes I wanted online, and was just going to the shop to buy them, so when we arrived at the shop I just headed over to that section to find them, not even aware of the heels section as usual. I just don't do heels, and in fact the last time I wore heels was when I was sweet 16 and was all excited about going out with my school friends, feeling all grown up in heels. But it wasn't long before I was sucked into the world of Doc Martens and Tank girl style boots, and I have never since had a desire to don high heels again. Part of it now has to do with the fact that I would absolutely tower above everyone if I was wearing them, already being close on 6ft without any heels. Well Mike headed over to the high heel section and chose two pairs that he knew would match my dress. At first he just wanted me to try them on in the shop for fun, but as soon as I put them on he said "Buy them", I still wasn't interested in wearing heels, but he was really serious about me getting them. After a bit of convincing, I finally walked out with one pair of heels and the flats I wanted, thinking if I try them on with the dress and hated them, I could still have the flat ones as a back up. But I ended up wearing the heels, and it was lovely. I suppose I can now understand the fuss women make about heels, they really felt feminine, and finished off the dress in a way that flats never could. And fortunately all the ladies at the wedding were in heels, so I wasn't towering above them anymore than I would have.
The heels.
And the wedding was set in the most splendid hotel - Elvetham Hotel - birth place of Jane Seymour.

The lovely couple.

2 comments:

Norma Farmer said...

Hi Fi,

You looked lovely in this pic, Mike looking good too. Remember us saying he would get better with age well it is true...ha.

Love the heals on you, as you have lovely long lets. But why not another pic of you, so that I can see the dress properly.

Norma Farmer said...

should have read legs.......