Wednesday, September 14, 2011
A trip to the local art gallery
We met up with our local homeschooling group for an afternoon of art and textile study.
The lady explaining weaving to the children. The children then had an opportunity to make their own textile art piece using inspiration from what they saw at the gallery. We had Julia with us, and Ciara and Jude wanted to rather go to the lovely local playground than spend the afternoon studying textiles, I could see their point.
The children had a lovely time, and I got to spend time chatting to the other hs'ing mums. The conversations for me were so very helpful, and again I came away with the feeling of just relax and enjoy the days. Many of the mums have little ones, but also older children who are making decisions about their future, and it is such an incredible testimony to hear how the Lord is working in these children's lives.
I am amazed at how long the children played for, and still they did not want to leave.
Ayla plucking up the courage to push herself down the slide, and she did.
Lovely Julia!

These two had so much fun together.
And then all the older children joined us in the park for a fresh new wave of playing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So wonderful to see all the children enjoying themselves..
Love the pic of Julia and Ciara, they seem so close, and both look so happy to be together.
Love you all.
Nana xxx
Post a Comment