The weather was so lovely and sunny that we went for a very long swim in the morning. I wish I had photos of the swim as Ayla absolutely loved the water so much. She was so bold(which I wasn't expecting), and after getting in by the steps she plunged straight into the water, and proceeded to do the same thing two more times.
Friday, February 24, 2012
Our Niamh is 9
This birthday has made me really emotional. It is one of those moments when you are struck by how fast life is going, and how a chapter has been closed. Niamh was always my baby, she had those babyish looks and was so chubby and cute and adorable for so long, and in a blink of an eye she seems to be past it and I'll never have those wonderful moments with her as a gorgeous baby/toddler back again. It makes me want to hold her and make her slow down somehow. She has always been a fast learner, and it has been such a joy for me to see her grow and develop. She loved books from 6 months and was pointing things out in them by 8 months. She was saying her first words by 8 months and had a huge vocabulary by her first birthday. I remember starting a literature curriculum with Eden when Eden was four, and it became very apparent that Niamh was listening to all the stories too, and could answer all the questions, she's always been quick like that. She now spends hours reading to her younger siblings, and when I see that it brings me such a warmth and a comforting feeling. Niamh is the one who knows exactly everything goes, and packs all the clothes away for me, and what a help that is, always willing to help, always. We love you Niamh, you have blessed us!!
Daddy stayed home until Niamh woke up so he could surprise her for her birthday.
Niamh got the red indian girl dressing up outfit she asked for.
And then we made her birthday cake.
The weather was so lovely and sunny that we went for a very long swim in the morning. I wish I had photos of the swim as Ayla absolutely loved the water so much. She was so bold(which I wasn't expecting), and after getting in by the steps she plunged straight into the water, and proceeded to do the same thing two more times.
We then came home for lunch and Niamh decorated her cake, and we sang happy birthday to her and had a slice.
The weather was so lovely and sunny that we went for a very long swim in the morning. I wish I had photos of the swim as Ayla absolutely loved the water so much. She was so bold(which I wasn't expecting), and after getting in by the steps she plunged straight into the water, and proceeded to do the same thing two more times.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Happy Birthday to a special 9 year old big girl. You look lovely in your Red Indian outfit Niamh.
I love you huge bow and arrow, wow looks as if it can shoot quite a distance.
Lots of love from Nana and uncle Peter. xxx
Post a Comment