Friday, February 5, 2010

40 weeks pregnant!!

Well we have reached our due date and all is well. I didn't expect our baby to arrive sooner and boy am I glad that he/she didn't - this week has been so busy because of the girls exams but especially because of Mike's work commitments and meetings, I went to bed every night hoping that it wasn't tonight and relieved the next morning when I had another day to get through some more preparations. Now at the end of the week we have clean and washed carpets, an oven cleaned twice, all the food prep finished, a full fridge, lots of baking done and a nice relaxed weekend ahead(well besides the fact that we are off to the Nutcracker Ballet tomorrow afternoon). I woke this morning filled with so much gratitude for all the Lord has blessed us with, and just soaked in this lovely time of anticipation and excitement. I felt myself talking to my unborn child this morning, and it went something like this:


Dear little one,
from the first time we heard that you were on the way
we were filled with the sense that another precious gift was on the way.
Already you have brought us so much joy and you have brought all your sisters
and brother big smiles and laughs at how you have moved around and kicked
and yesterday they even felt the shape of your foot as you stuck it out for a few seconds. Big discussions have taken place about whether you are a boy or a girl
and what your name is going to be, about two weeks ago Daddy threw out the names we had, somehow he did not feel they were the right ones but now we both love the names we have chosen for you. Every day the children are asking if they are going to meet you today, they are so excited about your arrival. We know that you have been planned by the Lord and that He has special plans for you. It is amazing to think that you have been with me for the last 40 weeks, and I have so enjoyed your many and varied movements, even the powerful kicks that you have delivered right under my ribs that has left me gasping. I feel your little feet moving around and your hands doing many interesting movements too. Now that time is drawing to an end and soon you will be in our arms. We thank the Lord for you!!

1 comment:

Norma Farmer said...

Hello Ayla Eve,

How wonderful to have another little grandchild. Yes you are a gift from the Lord and we are so grateful to Him, for your safe arrival. I am looking forward to meeting you next Sunday the Lord willing.

Lots and lots of love from nana and uncle Peter.