Niamh was finally awarded her junior 10 t-shirt for completing her first 10 5km runs. This has been a big motivation for her to keep running, the next award is at 50, but I have said that she can get a computer game when she gets up to 35 so that the next reward doesn't seem so far away.
Friday, April 29, 2011
Gorgeous spring weather and 10 t-shirt
I don't think we have ever had such warm weather so early in spring in all the 11 years we have been in the UK. On this very warm day we were all melting, so I suggested we go to the pools just after lunch, of course it was during school time so the pools were really quiet. I stayed completely out the pool with Ayla who wasn't much interested other than walking around the pool area exploring, and getting her feet a bit wet. Ciara stayed in the little pool, Jude alternated between the small and big pool and the girls stayed in the big pool.
The water was lovely and warm too.
Ciara normally does not enjoy swimming and getting her face wet too much, so this was just perfect for her, she is getting more confident every time she goes swimming.
The girls spent hours swimming in the big pool.
Niamh was finally awarded her junior 10 t-shirt for completing her first 10 5km runs. This has been a big motivation for her to keep running, the next award is at 50, but I have said that she can get a computer game when she gets up to 35 so that the next reward doesn't seem so far away.
Niamh was finally awarded her junior 10 t-shirt for completing her first 10 5km runs. This has been a big motivation for her to keep running, the next award is at 50, but I have said that she can get a computer game when she gets up to 35 so that the next reward doesn't seem so far away.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Well done Niamg, wow 50 to go that does sound alot. Good of you mom to give her an incentive to carry on, 35 soundes a bit better.
xxxx
Post a Comment