Sunday, May 8, 2011

Some true stories

Of all the dvds we watch, I love the true stories best. I just love the fact that I am learning more about history, or that I am sharing in an experience that really did happen.
The children enjoyed reading the Gladys Aylward story(she was a missionary in China), so it was great to find out they had made a movie about her life. It is an old movie, perhaps made in our parents time, but it is still done well nonetheless.
The story of Genghis Khan - this is not one for the children in terms of violence, but definitely one worth watching.
The story of Confucious - another one perhaps also too gory for children.
This was a really good true story about a few prisoners who broke out of a Russian concentration camp and had to travel 4,000 miles on foot to get to freedom.

1 comment:

Norma Farmer said...

These movies look interesting, I would not mind watching them myself. Where did you get them from Fi, do you get them at the local library? Peter and I also enjoy true stories best and have watched a few in the past months or so.