Monday, January 18, 2010
37 weeks pregnant and a trip to Richmond Park
We had a lovely day on Sunday taking two young ladies from our church out to lunch at Pembroke lunch in Richmond. They were not dressed very warmly so could not join us for a walk outside after lunch. I really wanted to get out as this was the first sunny day in many days, and temperatures went up to 10 deg celsius, but it still felt really cold. Needless to say we didn't walk for very long.

My 37 week bump. I can really feel physically that we are nearing the end, all the ligaments in my legs have completely relaxed to the point of leaving my legs feeling quite weak, in fact everything feels relaxed thanks to the hormone relaxin. I read an article recently where someone said this hormone would be a wonder drug if they could bottle it, it gives such a great feeling of well being. The Braxton Hicks contractions also started about 2-3 weeks ago, and are increasing in frequency and duration. But the most difficult thing to manage by far has been how absolutely hard this baby kicks me, of all my pregnancies I have not felt anything like it. Last night in bed the kicking went on for about an hour until I had two very distinct bruised areas and every time baby kicked there I was gasping for air, I feel like I need to use breathing techniques to deal with the pain of the kicks. Strangely enough the painful kicks only happen at night.
Eden taking a snap shot of mommy and daddy.
A very wintery scene!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment