Saturday, January 16, 2010
Making mommy smile!
I really do have such a blessed feeling all around me, I find myself constantly smiling at our little Ciara who comes up with the funniest things, and is such a busy little person who wants to be involved in everything. Her innocence and sweetness touches all of us, we just love her to bits. The other day I put some bread in the toaster and she was quick to be the one to push the lever to get the bread down, I said to her "Are you clever?", and she replied, "No mommy, I'm a smarty pants". Yesterday morning she woke up telling Daddy "Daddy, I'm gorgeous". I suppose we tell her these things all day long, she has started calling herself these things too. Oh yes, she also tells Daddy "Daddy, you are brilliant", and has started with one of the Macneil favourites too saying "actually", it is so funny hearing it come from a 2 year old. She has really started understanding that there is going to be a baby in the house very soon, but she is having trouble thinking of another in the family who is more baby than her. She is sure that the moses basket and the baby blankets that are making an appearance now are hers, but she has said she will kiss and love the baby and that is good enough for now.
Every time I go into the kitchen now, Ciara grabs her little chair and brings it in so she can see what I am doing, and ask lots of questions. In this picture she went over to the drawer and got the vegetable peeler out with the best intentions of helping me out.
She loves pulling this face, mostly because I think she likes how it makes us all laugh. It is such a cheeky face, and often she does it to show that she is really happy about what is in her mouth, on the lines of chocolate or ice cream and really wants to share the joy her mouth is going through.
Niamh asked me to show her how to knit, and although I only had this thin pair of knitting needles(I think it is easier to learn with fat ones), she picked it up really quickly and wants to knit a bag for her best friends birthday.
I had been looking high and low for this puzzle which I knew we had and I thought I had stored it away in the garage, but Jude managed to find it in my school store cupboard and he got it out and with some help from Niamh managed to finish it. After doing it, a piece of the puzzle in his mind seemed to fit in, and he suddenly grasped that we along with all the other planets are going around the sun. It has been hard for him to think that we live on this sphere called Earth which is flying through space, but familiarity with this concept is sinking in.
The two grannies knitting ;) Eden was so pleased when a lady came up to ask her how old she was after seeing her knitting outside of Jude's gym class, and was so surprised to hear that she was only 8, saying that she thought only teenagers would be able to manage knitting that.
Ciara does so much of self reading, and really seems to be enjoying the Mr Men books at the moment, and we are having so much fun reading the Hairy Maclary books to her, she has suddenly shown such an interest in them. The fun part of these books is that there is normally a phrase repeated throughout and she has picked up on that and loves to finish each page off.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment