Saturday, April 10, 2010

Peanut butter cookies

While Niamh was at hospital with Mike, Jude and Ciara went to Ethan and Julia's house and Eden and I had some one on one time together(Ayla slept pretty much the whole time). I really cherished this time with Eden, she really is a gentle soul who wouldn't ever want to hurt anyone or any living creature intentionally and I felt that is was good for us to have this time together. I left her to making peanut butter cookies and asked her to double the recipe so it was good practice for her mental multiplication skills with bigger numbers like 125g(I did double check in case there was an error and too much or too little butter would be used).

We put the smarties on for the children's biscuits, but normally leave them plain. These biscuits are always popular so I will post the recipe up in this space soon.
I also got to spend a lot of time working on her long multiplication. She has picked up the times tables incredibly quickly(a lot quicker than I remember learning them at school) and has now progressed to multiple digit multiplication, which she really enjoys.

1 comment:

Norma Farmer said...

Clever girl Eden, keep up the good work, Love you and miss your sweet smiling face.

Lots and lots of love from nana.