Wednesday, April 28, 2010
An unexpected trip to the hospital
We had planned to meet up with some friends at the park just after lunch today, so I was feeding Ayla just before we were due to leave. I then heard terror filled shouting coming from Niamh, shouting "mommy, mommy, mommy", well I tell you 1000 things must've gone through my head to quickly figure out what that scream meant, and then I just heard Niamh say "Eden, bleeding, all over her face". Normally when I see them having hurt themselves badly, I let Mike take over, I really have no stomach for seeing them in pain, but when I saw Eden come up the stairs, face covered in blood and panicking I drew strength and needed calmness and just set to helping her, it was quickly clear that she had a small length cut about 3cm across her forehead but very very deep. Niamh had pushed the swing back very hard and it had hit Eden straight in the forehead. She told me that she had been knocked out black for a few seconds and then come to with intense pain and lots of blood, so we headed off to the hospital, it was far too deep to just leave. The nurse glued it back together and taped it, and said that she needed to go home and sleep and that she must've sustained a very big knock to get that cut. Eden was upset with this news as she has been looking forward to going to athletics today all week long, and now has to wait another week.
All fixed up.
Messing around, a much happier Eden.

Pulling funny faces.
After such a draining day I put on some tv for the children to watch, they have to watch on the laptop because we watch tv through the internet. This is their favourite show that they are following, Deadly 60 - and they were so happy to see this episode set in South Africa.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh no Eden,
Sorry to hear that you had an accident with a swing. Glad to see you all fixed up and non the worse for it. Please be more careful around flying moving objects.
Love you lots and lots.
Nana.
Post a Comment