Thursday, September 23, 2010
Back to running after an unwanted break
An achilles injury most likely from increasing my distance too quickly forced me to stop running. It was difficult to stop especially after really getting the running bug, but I knew that if I didn't rest it would be worse in the long run. Two weeks after the injury I then caught a nasty bug which had me down and out for another two weeks. Since I have a race coming up I had to start running the minute I felt better otherwise I would never manage the 8km distance of the race.
We all headed out to Bushy for my first run.
Two little ones snuggling up in their double pushchair.
Michael took the children for a walk. They were amazed to see a whole herd of deer run into the water.
And we enjoyed a nice cappucino after the run.
I was pleased that I hadn't lost too much speed, but probably lost more distance fitness.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi Fi,
Good to see you enjoying Bushy, lovely pics of Ayla and Ciara, where are the others?
Bet you are glad to be running again. Take it easy though.
lots of love mom.
Post a Comment