Ayla so enjoyed the freedom of being able to crawl around and explore. Since it has been winter in the UK, this has been her first experiance of crawling in the outside world.
Friday, January 7, 2011
Off to Nana's
After staying at the Smiths for two nights, we made our way over to my mom's. We stopped off at Eastgate on the way there, and had lunch at Mugg and Bean, our first of many trips to M&B on our holiday. Mostly everything has gone up in price in SA(and is now more expensive than the UK), but the eating out is still a lot cheaper than the UK. And what did the children order everytime we went to Mugg&Bean - a bowl of porridge!!
Eden has been asking to get her hair cut short for years now, and we figured it would be a good time to do it in SA where she will be swimming a lot. She went really short, and I can't say I was very happy about it at first. I missed her longer hair, and felt like she had lost femininity, and also she looked a lot older and it seemed like that little girl who used to have to long, curly hair was really gone for good. I told her that she must grow it back again, but she has begged me to keep it short. I think we have reached a compromise of longer hair but with a fringe, but it sure is going to take a long time to grow back.


Of course Nana's house wouldn't be Nana's house without all her lovely homebaked goodies. And the children feasted on Christmas cake, meringues, mince pies, and lovely biscuits for days.
Look at that face eyeing out the Christmas cake.
The children were so excited to see Nana again.

Enjoying the pool with Nana, I hope when I am a grandma I will also get in the water with my grandkids.

Ayla meeting Hazel for the first time!
Enjoying the pool and lilos.

Ayla so enjoyed the freedom of being able to crawl around and explore. Since it has been winter in the UK, this has been her first experiance of crawling in the outside world.
Ayla so enjoyed the freedom of being able to crawl around and explore. Since it has been winter in the UK, this has been her first experiance of crawling in the outside world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Just seeing these pictures, reminds me how much I miss you all. I must thank the Lord for blessing us with your visit and pray that it will not be too long before you come back again.
Love you with your hair short Eden. Love the look on Ciara's face while looking at the Christmas Cake, Jude sitting on my knee. Niamh eating the cookies.
Post a Comment