Mike and I were so fortunate to get to see Leonard Cohen for a second time. When I started listening to his music some 14 years ago, never in my wildest dreams did I ever think I would get to see him perform live. I think some people are natural born performers and not many can hold a candle to his performances. He is also accompanied by such talented musicians. The man on the twelve string guitar on the second video is amazing, but the "Master of Breath" on the sax and harmonica as well as many other wind instruments played like nothing I have ever heard before. Mom, I posted these videos up for you, I know you would've have loved to have gone. It must be said that of course the videos cannot capture the true performance. The evening started out with a bit of drizzle every now and then, but by the end of the performance it was pouring down, we could've left at this stage, but the last half and hour in the rain was absolutely magical, we moved up close to the stage for this part, and the atmosphere was fantastic. We were soaked by the end of it, but that somehow made it more enjoyable.
This song is originally sung by him, but he has the Webb sisters sing it in his concerts, not sure why though.
1 comment:
Fiona, thank you so much for posting these, I did enjoy listening but would have preferred had it been Leanord Cohen singing.
He is looking old now, shame but his voice even when speaking sounds the same. He said it was written during some dark time in his life Praise the Lord that he seems to have come to faith in the Lord.
Post a Comment