Sunday, December 13, 2009

Reading to daddy and more decorations

Daddy hasn't really seen how much Jude has progressed in his reading, so I got out one of Jude's favourites, and he was really proud to show his dad how he could read.
Yes, we are probably later than most in putting our Christmas tree up, but once we started it became a team effort, and much excitement. Eden asked once it was all up with lights and decorations on, "Why is it so warm by the Christmas tree", we had to explain that Christmas does bring a lot of warmth to all of us, and she just feels warm inside because of Christmas time!
So sweet the things they say!

32 weeks pregnant - the time is flying by now and I know this little one will arrive before I know it. I have to say I have never been kicked around quite as much as this little one is kicking me, and I have found it quite tiring. Also it has been quite difficult to sleep at night, I know it is the middle of winter, but I am so overheated at night that it takes a long while to fall asleep.


Decorations (I did not get a chance to take a photo of the new decorations as they were put up on the tree too quickly, will take a photo tomorrow and add them to the blog!)

Our next reading and Jesse tree decoration is:

Giving the Law(Ten Commandments)
at Sinai

God gave the commandments to Moses for God's people to follow in Exodus 20.
But this is what Jesus said about the Law in the New Testament:

“Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled. Matthew 5:17

But when the Pharisees heard that He had silenced the Sadducees, they gathered together.
Then one of them, a lawyer, asked Him a question, testing Him, and saying, “Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law?” Jesus said to him, “ ‘You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.” Matthew 22:34-40

Our decoration, working with clay proved harder than one would've thought, it is a lot stickier and wetter than salt dough.

Our next reading and decoration is:
The Bronze Serpent

So the LORD sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people; and many of the people of Israel died. Therefore the people came to Moses, and said, “We have sinned, for we have spoken against the LORD and against you; pray to the LORD that He take away the serpents from us.” So Moses prayed for the people. Then the LORD said to Moses, “Make a fiery serpent, and set it on a pole; and it shall be that everyone who is bitten, when he looks at it, shall live.” So Moses made a bronze serpent, and put it on a pole; and so it was, if a serpent had bitten anyone, when he looked at the bronze serpent, he lived. Numbers 21:6-9

No one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven, that is, the Son of Man who is in heaven. And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life. John 3:13-15

We also came across this lovely John Newton Hymn which was lovely to read through together:
As the serpent raised by Moses
Healed the burning serpent's bite;
Jesus thus himself discloses
To the wounded sinner's sight:
Hear his gracious invitation,
I have life and peace to give,
I have wrought out full salvation,
Sinner, look to me and live.

2. Pore upon your sins no longer,
Well I know their mighty guilt;
But my love than death is stronger,
I my blood have freely spilt:
Though your heart has long been hardened,
Look on me - it soft shall grow;
Past transgressions shall be pardoned,
And I'll wash you white as snow.


3. I have seen what you were doing,
Though you little thought of me;
You were madly bent on ruin,
But I said - It shall not be:
You had been for ever wretched,
Had I not espoused your part;
Now behold my arms outstretched
To receive you to my heart.

4. Well may shame, and joy, and wonder,
All your inward passions move;
I could crush thee with my thunder,
But I speak to thee in love:
See! your sins are all forgiven,
I have paid the countless sum!
Now my death has opened heaven,
Thither you shall shortly come.

5. Dearest Saviour, we adore thee
For thy precious life and death;
Melt each stubborn heart before thee,
Give us all the eye of faith:
From the law's condemning sentence,
To thy mercy we appeal;
Thou alone canst give repentance,
Thou alone our souls canst heal.

Eden filling up the snake with rice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Fiona,
You are looking so good, sorry that you are feeling the kicking so much, must be a healthy baby.
It will soon be your time, wish we knew if to expect a boy or girl. But will just have to be patient.

Love you lots and lots.
Mom.