Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Art - It's in the Macneil genes


Mike's mom has always had a gift to draw and paint portraits, and a few weeks ago, Michael did this impromptu portrait of himself in a few minutes whilst talking on the phone, I thought it captured such a likeness to him, he must have his moms talent.






We had a lovely surprise visit from Mike's Aunt Ann from Liverpool who stayed over for the night (much to the children's delight), and on Saturday Eden and Niamh begged to stay with her while Mike and I ran a few errands. After she had left, Eden sketched this portrait of her, I must say she is a lot prettier than the sketch, but what struck me was how Eden captured quite a bit of what she looked like, and made me think that perhaps the ability has been passed down.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, it really does look like her

Anonymous said...

Hi Mike, what a talent, I just love your pic.. Eden too is so good. Yes it is in the genes, not the Jeans...ha love you all