Sunday, August 1, 2010

A week of all sorts

I started on the house de-clutter this week so the children had to get on with other things to keep busy. Jude has a new interest in playing chess, he had been playing on a chess board, but then was shown a chess game on the pc and he has enjoyed playing(or getting beaten) by the computer. I think it is going to take a while to understand the tactical side of it, he just likes to move the pieces around for now.

The girls absolutely love being busy in the kitchen, here they are making a chocolate cake, it's really nice that they can make this without me getting involved, and it got a big thumbs up from dad.
I had to snap this shot of Ayla sleeping on the carpet. I always understand her when she "asks" me to go to bed, she always makes a particular moan when she is tired so I was quite surprised when I saw her asleep on the carpet.
Watching each other on opposite sides of the window, funny cats.
The children have been so excited about looking after a friend's rabbit "Polo" for three weeks. He gets so excited when we arrive and hops around like a little puppy when we get there.
Ciara was so surprised to find three of the same shoes. Look mummy 3 shoes, it is the first time I have heard her accurately using three even though she can rote count to twenty.

Yay, I finally have a baby who likes to stay in the baby bouncer for longer than 15 minutes, she has even been in it for over an hour. I think she so enjoys been up on her feet.
An old toy re-introduced - it's always nice putting toys away and then bringing them out again.
We needed a break from being at home all week, so we met Mike at Kew Gardens for lunch. We haven't had a lot of rain for a while so it was quite a shock to see Kew Gardens so brown, it is normally lush and green in the spring and summer.

Ciara has always enjoyed her puzzles, and loved doing this one that she hadn't made before. This one was quick for her to do as all the dresses where different colours and she could quickly see where the pieces go.
All finished.
Jude got stuck into a big Hama bead project, a character from "Cars", and Eden got stuck into doing a big Noah's ark puzzle, she loves this one as it has lots and lots and lots of animals in it.

1 comment:

Norma Farmer said...

Hi all,
Just so good to see you all busy with all the activities.

Clever little Ciara, and of course the girls for making chocolate cake, you did not show the finished product. Did you all eat it up too quickly?

Love from Nana.