Sunday, December 26, 2010
Christmas day lunch
We didn't plan to have a big meal for Christmas day, but it turned out that Michael invited a colleague/friend, Jacob, over from work to join us, and then we invited Aunt Jess, Peter's mum, who is an amazing 92 year old lady, so I thought I may as well prepare a lovely meal.
It is lovely to get an opportunity to set the table in a special way.
Eden's Brownie table decoration gave a nice feel to the sideboard.
Ciara in her Christmas hat.
Enjoying the meal together.
Pulling crackers, a new experience for Jacob who is from the Czech Republic.
Children enjoying the food.
My precious Niamh.
Aunt Jess looked lovely and was wearing a necklace that my mum had made her.
After the meal Eden and Niamh played some Christmas duets for us.
As I said, I have wanted to get a dolls house for the children for a long time, and when I saw this one I really thought it looked lovely, and it was reduced in price too. Mike enjoyed building it for the girls and they enjoyed putting all the furniture in.
The finished house.
Niamh asked for rollerblades for Christmas, and was so pleased to get them. Her balance is very good as we have seen on the ice before, and she is already zooming around the house with them on. We will have to find a nice outdoor area for her to practice on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi Fi,
Thanks so much for your kindness shown to Jess, she so enjoyed being part of your Christmas lunch celebration. How nice to have a friend from work too Mike. It is just so good to see the children also enjoying themselves.
Truly you are a wonderful family and I just love you all so much.
Mom, and Peter.XXX
Post a Comment