Sunday, December 12, 2010

Homeschool concert and a sick child

The children had their end of year Homeschool concert and it is always so lovely to see how all the children have grown in their talents. There was a high calibre of performances this year, and again Eden and Niamh really just enjoyed being up on stage and being a part of it. They did 2 duets for the first time, and then both played solos on their instruments. I did not record their performances because I had a very demanding 10 month old and I knew that they would be performing at their music concert the next evening so I would get better camera work there.

A bad photo I know, but my close ups turned out to be blurry as I was using the camera phone.
All the little ones ended up at the rear of the church, and enjoyed dancing to all the music together, they were out of the way of the performers and audience so were not a distraction.
By the evening Ciara was exhausted, and during the night we found out why. We went to bed earlier than usual for a good night's sleep, but were awoken to Ciara screaming - she had vomited all over her bed. We bathed her and changed all the bedding and went back to bed thinking that if this is a tummy bug then she is going to wake up continuously in the night, so we were expecting to be woken many times. As it turns out I awoke at 6 and realized we had made it through the night, but I heard Michael groaning that he had got little sleep and only got to bed at 3am, Ciara had been sick again and I had not woken up, so Michael had got up and cleaned her up and sorted her out, wow, I was so amazed that he did not wake me, what a lovely husband I have ;-)

1 comment:

Norma Farmer said...

Hi little Ciara, you look so comfortable in that chair with you blanket on. Love you lots and lots, Uncle Peter and Nana.