Monday, December 13, 2010

Distinctions all round

Eden and Niamh did their Grade 2 exams today. They were both extremely sick the previous day, and Niamh had raging fevers in the night. I asked them if they could just get through the 15 minutes for the exam, they had prepared so well I am sure that even with their minds not functioning to well they could just go into automatic and pass anyway. They wanted to go, and once there Niamh seemed to brighten up, though Eden still couldn't crack a smile. I heard Niamh's exam from the next room and all her pieces sounded good, and when Eden went through I could not really hear, I think the adjoining door got closed. Eden came out looking sad, she had to start her sight reading again aswell as 2 of her scales, she felt like she had not done well. I explained in the car that she might get a pass or maybe a merit, she started crying because she really wanted a distinction, but we had to wait a few hours to find out - thank goodness their results come the same day. A few hours later we got the call that they both got distinctions. The lovely expression on Eden's face is something I won't forget, she was soooo happy to get a distinction - 90%. Niamh got 97% and was over the moon, the teacher said that the examiner had commented that her scales were the best she has ever heard at this grade.

No comments: