Friday, December 3, 2010
The great toy deception
I really think the world has gone consumer mad when it comes to toys. Have you noticed how most toys end up not being played with after a few short weeks(or even days). And yet there is so much around the house to keep babies busy, they don't really need plastic colourful abstract toys that make horrid electronic sounds that have no musical value whatsoever. I have given all my children "the drawer" to play with, and it is amazing how long it keeps them occupied for. I managed to prepare a whole dinner tonight, sausage casserole, roast potato, the works while Ayla kept herself very entertained with all the contents of one of my kitchen drawers. Did I remove everything dangerous, of course, did she make a mess of my drawer, well see for yourself below. But she experimented with all the noises, studied all the shapes and colours of so many things that she was happy for a good long time. My best advice for new mums and dads, don't rush out and buy loads of plastic junk, rather go for toys that have stood the test of time, or use things from around the house.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment