Sunday, December 12, 2010

Music Concert

At the end of every year the children's music teachers organize a concert for all the students. It is lovely to look back a year ago and see how the girls have improved since then. This year Jude came along to watch too as he will be taking up the violin in January.
The girls have been preparing for a while, and it was with great disappointment that Eden woke up sick on the morning of the concert. Her temperature was 40,3 degrees, this was the first time I have measured a temperature on Eden, she is always around 36/37 degrees. She was so listless and lethargic, so I just let her rest on the couch reading books throughout the day. I gave her some paracetamol in the morning and ibuprofen in the afternoon and this made her feel well enough to perform that evening, though she said that she felt in a bit of a dreamlike state, so she wasn't on form, but she managed to play her piano piece perfectly and nearly performed her cello piece perfectly had it not been for her cello slipping.
It's always so lovely to be able to perform on a Steinway Grand.
Niamh getting her violin tuned by her violin teacher.
All the young violinists waiting together.
All the younger violinists performed three folk tunes together.
At the end of the concert all the children got back on stage for a round of applause.


1 comment:

Norma Farmer said...

Hi Eden, Niamh,
Don't know why my comments are not showing, I said how wonderful you both played, and looked so grownup in your dresses.

I am so proud of you both. Love you lots and lots.
Nana.XXX