Sunday, December 12, 2010

The Voyage of the Dawn Treader

The Chronicles of Narnia is very well known in our house. We have read all the books as a family, the children have read the books themselves and we have listened to the BBC audiobooks hundreds of times in the car, so we all know the stories inside and out. The Voyage of the Dawn Treader is definitely one of my favourite of the seven and so we dug deep in our pockets to pay the expensive movie tickets to watch it in 3D. Of course when one knows the story so well, one has to be prepared for the story to be changed when the movie is made, and this movie is no exception. Whilst I was watching I felt myself been irritated by the fact that they had changed it almost from the very beginning, but while watching I had to admit that so much happens in the Dawn Treader book that it would be virtually impossible to capture everything in the movie, and the story had to be changed somewhat to accomodate this. The Ship was magnificent, and more elaborate than I had pictured, but because of all the cuts there was a lot of details left out in their adventures, so I let my mind fill everything in from the book.

No comments: