Saturday, July 16, 2011

My sick Ayla

My little girl has been so sick and miserable the last week. It started on Monday, the day we went to the farm. She had had diarrhea for a few days before Monday, but by the time we got home from the farm she wasn't looking very good. I put her to bed early and she slept the whole night through. On Tuesday morning she woke up, but didn't want to get out of her cot, so she lay there for a while longer, and then I brought her onto my bed and she lay there for a long time too. When I took her down for some breakfast she was very moany, and after some books downstairs I put her down for a sleep, and she slept all of the morning and into the afternoon too. Her temperature was 40 deg C when she finally woke up, so I gave her paracetomal to bring her temp down, and gave her a cool bath, I managed to bring it down to 38.4, but by the time Michael got home it was up over 40 again and all she wanted to do was sleep, so I put her back down and she slept all night again. I half expected her to have broken out in a rash or chicken pox the next morning, thinking it must be something viral, but there was no rash. We both noticed that she has lots of teeth coming through at once and in one place her gums are so red and inflamed and painful looking, so perhaps that has been the cause of all the pain. By Wednesday her temperature was back down to normal again, but still she slept a lot, and has slept a lot all week. She has been incredibly demanding this week, not wanting to put down for more than 5 minutes at a go. Eden has been a great help to me in picking Ayla up so much and just comforting her. Ayla loves being in Eden's arms and goes up to her asking to be picked up and held. It has been really demanding on Eden too, and sometimes she finds it too demanding, which I well understand because Ayla has drained me this week too. I hope my little baby gets 100% better soon, and all those painful teeth come through.

1 comment:

Norma Farmer said...

So sorry to hear that you are so sick little Ayla. S

So sweet to have your sister Eden love you so much and want to care for you. Hope you get better soon.

Lots of love from Nana xxx