I didn't get photos of most of the other races as Ayla was still feeling terrible so needed my attention most of the afternoon. I did plan to leave a bit earlier, but it was just so lovely catching up with all the home ed families, an opportunity that I don't get very often, so I just put up with a difficult Ayla for the sake of spending some fellowship time with the ladies.
Wednesday, July 20, 2011
Two sports days in one week
After missing out on sports days completely last year(due to illness I think), it was great that we had two planned in one week. The first was the home ed group sports day, and the second was Brownies sports day.
It was an overcast and coolish day which made it good conditions for being outdoors all afternoon. Above Eden was doing the sprint race. Let's just say she is better suited to longer distances.
Niamh giving it her all in her sprint race.
This was the first year that Jude really gave it a go. Unfortunately he was on the younger end of the age range, but he still did really well.
Jude getting ready for the sack race.
I didn't get photos of most of the other races as Ayla was still feeling terrible so needed my attention most of the afternoon. I did plan to leave a bit earlier, but it was just so lovely catching up with all the home ed families, an opportunity that I don't get very often, so I just put up with a difficult Ayla for the sake of spending some fellowship time with the ladies.
Niamh finishing the 1km race, it feels really short after doing all the parkruns.
Eden never wants to be outsprinted at the end. Jude also finished the 1km race, but ending up crying when he finished, he didn't realize how hard it would be.
A very mischievious look by Ayla, poor thing still feeling miserable.
The next sports day was the Brownies sports event on Friday night. I absolutely loved watching the determination on all of the girls faces, so very cute.
Niamh got 3rd place in her sprints.
Lining up for the 400m race at the end.
Eden was so pleased to get 2nd place for the 400m. Niamh would've come first if she hadn't followed the two girls in front of her who cut the last corner, she said she didn't realize she was doing it, but unfortunately got disqualified for doing so.
I didn't get photos of most of the other races as Ayla was still feeling terrible so needed my attention most of the afternoon. I did plan to leave a bit earlier, but it was just so lovely catching up with all the home ed families, an opportunity that I don't get very often, so I just put up with a difficult Ayla for the sake of spending some fellowship time with the ladies.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Looks just great to be out in the fresh air, running and having fun.
Good on you Eden, and Jude for doing the sack race as well.
Sorry Niamh better luck next time, don't just follow, but look ahead.
Love you all.
Nana xxxxx
Post a Comment