Eden was so pleased to run her first 5km run at Bedfont Park. I had thought she was only going to run the first lap, but when I finished Michael asked me where she was. I was confused until he told me that she had gone around again to finish the race. She had wanted to stop after the first lap, but all the officials and dad encouraged her to carry on, so she did.

I ran back to find her, and she wasn't too far away, so we ran the last stretch with her.

Well done Eden, we are so proud of you - I remember from primary school how difficult our annual 5km fundraiser run was, and Eden's time of 35-36 minutes was certainly a lot faster than I did it.

Niamh also did well in completing 3km, she ended the race in tears however. It was a very hot morning, and Niamh always suffers in the heat. When she stopped she said, "Mum it felt like my whole body was on fire".

We always said to Eden if she runs 5km we'll get her a new pair of running shoes, so after the race we went to a running shop and they fitted her out with a new pair of running shoes. They said that not many children come in for a pair of running shoes which we found really surprising. So many children run the Bushy 5km, you would think they would need proper running shoes. Poor Eden had blisters from her old shoes that morning.

We also thought Niamh needed a new pair with all the running shoes, but the running shop said they never stock pairs in as small as Niamh's size, so we had to order hers online.
1 comment:
Those shoes are awesome..... we've also just had to upgrade all our kids' shoes... luckily the previous ones lasted for a year... Hope the girls enjoy many miles in their gorgeous shoes!!
Post a Comment