Thursday, July 1, 2010

Helpers

There is a traditional proverb that goes "Marrying is easy, it’s housework that’s hard." Well there is truth in housework being hard, in that it is a continuous job that never gets finished, but if you wanted to lighten the load, then having good helpers around the house certainly helps.
Eden has always begged if she could do the dishes as opposed to the dishwasher, and her dream came true when the dishwasher broke down(and was only repaired 4 weeks later). Niamh and Eden were great at doing the dishes each morning.
And another job Eden has discovered that she enjoys is hanging out the washing, which she has been faithfully doing each day. Having beautiful morning sunshine has really helped with getting out in the garden nice and early to do it too. I do marvel at how much they help in the house, and how willing they are. I really have come to rely on them for a lot of jobs around the house. I am not sure if they do this willingly because from the beginning they have never had an option to opt out, and now it has just become second nature to help, or if it is because they want to be helpful in themselves. I suppose at the end of the day it is a bit of both.

1 comment:

Norma Farmer said...

Sweet, sweet, love to see the girls helping.
How wonderful that you have four girls Fi.

Love you lots.