Thursday, July 15, 2010
Cooking dinner and enjoying new foods.
Eden is very keen to start cooking dinners herself so she is going to choose one meal a week, either out of a book or her own meal to prepare all by herself. The first one she chose was fish fingers, quite a nice easy one too to start with.
She prepared the whole thing herself, from the cutting....
to the breadcrumbing. I am sure this will get her quickly familiar with a lot of food cooking techniques and will give her a good grounding in food preparation on her own. She also loves looking at recipe books, so I am sure it will be lovely for her to pick and prepare the ones she likes. She helps me out a lot in the kitchen already, but it is one thing being directed and another taking it on herself.
I have noticed that Eden is starting to eat quite a lot of foods that she wouldn't have previously, like mackerel above - in fact all the children like eating mackerel and I am certainly not complaining - it is a cheap fish and is high in omega 3.
And beetroot too, one of Ciara's lunchtime favourites.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment