Sunday, July 4, 2010

Run and Sun and muffin picnic

We went for our Bedfont 5km parkrun this week again, and this time Mike ran while I did the 2.1 km lap with Eden and Niamh. They managed it just fine without complaining but I think if we carried on and did another lap they would've tired out, but with more training I am sure they will be able to finish the 5km which they so desperately want to do.
After that we went across the road with the Russells for a coffee and a muffin and juices for the kids. It was such a gorgeous day, and it was so relaxing sitting there watching the skiers and wakeboarders out on the water.
Grant and James used to do their open water swimming training on these lakes.
A man wakeboarding, Mike is quite keen to have a go - and of course Eden would love too aswell.

On Sunday morning, another sunny morning we headed off to Richmond Park for a picnic. I baked two different batches of muffins and made a flask of coffee and off we went. I had a run in the park while the children and dad picnicked.


Enjoying the passion fruit muffins.
Picnic spot under an oak tree.
The children cheering me on.
And Eden joined me up the hill, quite a tough hill to go up - it gets steeper.
Snuggling up to little sister.
Dad decided to give Ayla a taste of watermelon.
Mmmmm what is this new flavour.
Ooooh I would definitely like some more.

1 comment:

Norma Farmer said...

Ooooh, yes that is definitly a new flavour, but looks as if she liked it, I did not think you would get watermelon in the U.K. wow.

Glad to see you all enjoying the sunshine, and some quality time with dad while mom sprints on. You are all getting so fit, makes me feel so quilty.
well enjoy the summer, lots of love from us both, mom and nana.