Sunday, June 26, 2011
Cute Ayla, silkworms and hernia op
It was so cute finding Ayla sitting here "reading" a book. You can see we have put the toybox on the couch, this is to stop Ayla from climbing onto in and then onto other things like tables. We even have to keep it open so she doesn't climb on it whilst it is up on the chair.

She is 16 months old now and has progressed to eating by herself at the table. I can't explain how chuffed she looks with herself as she gets to feed herself now, a bit thing for her!
Since we have been studying about China, and the development of silk, I thought it would be a great idea to actually get silkworms for the kids to observe. I have fond memories of keeping silkworms as a child, it is so wonderful to watch them when they start to spin their cocooons. This is processed food that we got with them, I know there are mulberry trees in Kew Gardens, but have never seen any other trees closer, so this will have to do until we get to Kew Gardens.
And this is the scar from my hernia op. It is the semi circle line above my belly button. I am so chuffed that I have an innie again, now at least my tummy looks flat again. The surgeon assured me the scar will disappear within the year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi all, lovely reading all about Ayla and her climbing. Lucky you to have such a nice flat tummy Fi, wish I had haha.
That Chinease food looks very apetising.
Lots of love. xx
Post a Comment