Sunday, June 26, 2011

Hyde Park Calling Music concert

It wasn't long ago that I was saying to Michael we need to go to a concert again, and the opportunity came up to go to a concert in Hyde Park to see 3 great rock bands.
Thanks to Linda and Grant for having Jude and Ciara for a sleepover, we were able to leave Eden, Niamh and Ayla with Natasha from church and leave really early. It was so lovely travelling into London with just Mike and I, I do so treasure times together so much.
We arrived nice and early, and had a relaxed time as we waited for the bands to come on.
When the first good band came on, we made our way as close to the front of the stage as we could. We had such a laugh when this guy in front of us took his hoodie off, he had sooo much hair. He was clearly proud of it as he kept looking for his hair on the big screens.
This is my all time favourite live band - James, I have been listening to their music since I was about 16 and have been so lucky to see them 3 times now. They are so extremely musical, and their lyrics profound, they have a violin and trumpeter in their band, and all the music comes together in such a unique and beautiful way. I look forward to seeing them again live, as this time around they were the support band, and were not on for even one hour :(
After James finished, we headed out of the crowds to find our friends, Lindsey, Paul and their daughter Kate.
By this time it was raining pretty constantly, which added to the atmosphere somewhat but of course would have been more pleasant if it was sunshine. We both really enjoyed the Kaiser Chiefs, but we were both "not" blown away by the Killers, which I expected we would be, perhaps it was the weather, or the cracking headache, or the fact that we were so far from the stage, but by no means were they not enjoyable either.
By now we were pretty far from the stage. Unfortunately Mike's raincoat was an old one and was letting the water through, so by 9pm he was really drenched, and he had a headache, so we left early. But what a lovely day to spend with my hubby and meeting up with good friends, can't wait for the next one!!!

No comments: