Tuesday, June 28, 2011

A lovely afternoon in Kew Gardens

Sunday's plan was to go to Kew Gardens after church to pick some mulberry leaves for our silkworms and then head home and have a braai, but at church we found out our friends the Philpotts were going to Kew Gardens after church so we changed our plan to stay for the afternoon. We picked up some sandwiches and loads of fruit and water at the local shop and headed over to Kew Gardens. Eden and I were both dressed in long dresses and suffered so much in the heat of the day, the temperatures were well up to 30 degrees(which is about 35 deg equivalent in JHB). Shortly after we arrived Ciara spilled a lot of mango juice on herself, and so I had to wash her dress, thankfully laying it in the hot sun dried it really quickly and she could put it back on again.
I love the following three pictures, I only realized Ayla in the photos when I downloaded them. She has picked up a naartjie(or clementine as the Brits call them). She knows she loves this fruit, but didn't realize what it would taste like with the peel on. So she takes a bite in the first pic with the skin on.

Then her face looks so disgusted at the taste.
And lastly she is giving the naartjie/clementine a really filthy look.
BTW the cutie in the front is the Philpott's youngest, Grace, who is 10 months old.
We then had a walk after the picnic, so sweet to see Reuben and Jude holding hands.
And then all the younger ones walked along holding hands. A very hot but lovely day!! Oh and the silkworms were over the moon with the mulberry leaves!!

1 comment:

Norma Farmer said...

Cute to see all of them holding hands, and just love Ayla's face after biting into the naartjie skin. She will remember that I'm sure.

Love you all lots.
xx