Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Ciara turns three!

Mike and I started making the party food early on in the week so that Friday was not too rushed. I had come across a lovely tutorial for working with candy melts and was excited to try it out for Ciara's party. Mike did the design and we shared the work of making the butterflies from the melted candy melts.

The whole process took about 2hours, I am sure next time will be quicker. The designs are endless with candy melts so it will be fun thinking up different uses for them in parties to come.

Ciara has really enjoyed dressing up like a fairy the last few months, and this is a cake that I have come across a few times and have wanted to make. It seemed perfect now as a fairy house cake for Ciara's party. Mike came home at 3 and we started making the cake straight away. It was fun doing it in front of the children and letting them realize how much work goes into a birthday cake, and just how it all comes together. Ciara just kept on saying "I love you, I love you", she obviously realized how special it was that this was all for her. We were finished the cake by 9:30 which was a nice record, so we managed to get a good long night sleep and I even managed a park run on the morning of the party.
Ciara loved this little fairy on the cake, and has kept it close to her ever since.

I wanted to put a nice big 3 on the cake as Ciara has been struggling to remember this number in her number lessons. I bet she won't forget it now!
A very happy girl.
Eden was such a help, she made so much party food for me, and made up and directed the party games. Here she is making a fairy and stars for "Stick the star on the Fairy wand blindfolded" game.
Ciara loved her cake so much, she pulled up a chair and just stood by it for long periods of time looking at it, this made all the work so worth it.




We were so pleased with the outcome of these cupcakes, and here is the tutorial if you want to try it out too.
Niamh labelled the party food.
Our little fairy.
Who became a princess once she opened the present from the Charltons.
Jude on a party buzz too.
Yummy rainbow meringues, a new recipe, crisp on the outside, gooey on the inside.
Time to blow out the candles.


I wonder what Jaden was thinking, such a pensive expression.

No comments: