Tuesday, October 5, 2010
Ice Skating fun!
The girls have been asking me on and off if they can go ice skating. They know two of their friends from Brownies go on a Friday, and I know the session is very cheap and the lessons even cheaper as they have been specially reduced for home educated children. So since I have recently decided to make Friday a field trip day, I thought this would be a nice excursion and a feeler for how they enjoyed it and if lessons would be a possibility.
We got there early and got to see the ice truck smoothing the ice for the next session.
Eden and Niamh were so pleased to see their friends there that all their apprehensions about getting on the ice evaporated and when they saw how confident their friends were, they just went right on to the ice.
I was so pleased that Jude was able to go on his own as I had to stay with Ciara and Ayla, this penguin skating aid was perfect for him and he spent a lot of time on the ice.
Niamh got the hang of it quite nicely, Eden got the knack too, but had two nasty falls on her knee and badly bruised it. This venue is really perfect as the children can skate by themselves, while the parents can watch from a coffee shop above which has a view over the whole ice rink(all the home ed mums meet up there), so I don't need to stand on the sides with Ciara and Ayla waiting for them to finish.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment