Sunday, October 31, 2010

Going to a wedding, and a funny dress story!

Weddings are lovely times for Mike and I to spend time together and to dress up. The amazing thing about the dress below is that I have had it for 9 years and have never worn it. My mom remembers the story better than myself. She came over the the UK when I was pregnant with Eden and while we were walking through Windsor I told her about a dress that I would love to buy but it was £195(about R2200). I took my mom to the shop and when we saw it, it had been marked down twice to £95(still pricey), and there was only one size 10 left. I went ahead and bought it(with my mom's persuasion), not really owning anything quite so extravagant(it is made of silk). Now the strange part is that I have never worn it, but when I tried it on, Michael loved it. I am sure I will be wearing it on more special occasions!
Thankfully Grant snapped these photos of us as we dropped our children off at theirs before the wedding, thanks so much for babysitting Russells!!


This is our church and our pastor about to perform the wedding ceremony. Unfortunately this is one of the last photos with our camera(see the next blog post).
And this is Sam and Helen getting married. It was a wonderful day, so much love filled the air, and so lovely to spend time with our church family.
In the evening there was a Scottish Ceilidh, and everyone had great fun dancing!

No comments: